11/21/2020

Today has Been Two Years

Lillies were Lisa's favorite flower.
Today has been two years since Lisa left this world, and my boys and I have done our best to pick up the pieces and carry on. 

Just the fact that life doesn't slow down for these times of reflection, is sad in and of itself. I think of all the other men and women who've lost their significant other, and realize for so long I was on the other side of the equation. After the initial acknowledgement that someone dies, we generally just carry on with life. What else would we do? It's really our only choice.

I've felt this day coming for the past few weeks. To be honest, I keep track of how many months it's been every time the 21st of the month rolls around. Today just happens to be #24. She died the day before Thanksgiving. I'm writing this blog to offer support to others, and yet there are a number of unresolved issues in my own journey through this nightmare.

My God, how I loved her. 

Lisa with one of our boys.

I could never imagine another woman loving me like she did. To make my needs and wants her priority. To make the little things that I liked a big deal. She had the sweetest voice and the softest touch. She had one of those smiles that would light up a room. Today's probably not the best day for me to be writing on the internet. Anyway, I'm sitting here letting the memories get to me, and ...I guess that's ok. Maybe it's even healthy to do sometimes.

I'm thankful for 25 years we were together. 23 of those years, we were married. I'm thankful for the two sons she gave me. I'm thankful for all the laughter, the love, and for everything. 

No matter what, don't give up.

Anthony

No comments: